Thursday, July 1, 2010

World Cup Quaterfinals Preditions, Featuring Ms. FootyNut


Well, ladies and gentlemen, only 8 of 205 teams remain. Half of them are from South America (Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay), while the three more are European powerhouses in Spain, Germany and the Netherlands. The remaining team, Ghana, carries the hopes of Africa on its shoulders.

Once again, please welcome Ms. FootyNut to help out with this round of predictions. Without further ado, let's get started!


Uruguay v Ghana

Ms. FootyNut: I'm going to stick with my bracket and say Uruguay for the win. Ghana are tough, don't get me wrong, but there's something about this lot of South American teams. They're just winners.

FootyNut: Funny thing: My bracket didn't reflect my predictions. And since my predictions for the Uruguay-South Korea game were correct, I'm going to claim that it was my bracket that was a mistake. Now that we've sorted that out, I'm going to agree with the Missus on this one, Uruguay has the composure and class to fend off the Guardians of Africa's dreams.


Netherlands v Brazil

MF: Brazil hands down. I just have this feeling that they're going all the way...much to the chagrin of everyone...except Brazilians.

FN: This is my biggest risk of the entire tournament. Truth be told, I think I am more than half willing Brazil to lose this one. However, after seeing the Dutch's consistent and dynamic attack, I think they might be able to pull this off. However, if Brazil wins, only a date with Germany or Argentina in the finals will see them lose. But on a perfect day for the Orange Tide of the Netherlands, they will go through.


Argentina v Germany

MF: Germany is a young and forceful team! But I think they're "too nice" much like this year's USMNT. Argentina are ruthless imho. Plus, I want them to battle it out in the final with Brazil.

FN: This is a tough one to call. Argentina has been solid. Tevez is the heart while Messi is the brain. But Germany has been inspired going forward, and that inspiration has been enough to compensate for a less than seamless defense. In the end, though, I feel this is Germany's year for another appearance in the final.


Paraguay v Spain

MF: Paraguay's game vs Japan was painful. I don't see them advancing. Spain for me here.

FN: Yeah. The missus has this one absolutely correct. Paraguay is starving for goals. And as I've said before, Spain my stumble before the end, but it won't be against Paraguay.

Don't forget to catch the matches tomorrow and this weekend on TV at home or in your local soccer pub!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stateside Soccer reserves the right to delete any comment the staff deems to be offensive, profane or the result of spamming. Comments on posts older than a week are subject to approval.